Sunday, August 15, 2010

Flight

As concerned as I was when as the only woman I got on the plane to Dhaka with about 200 men, it turned out quite alright.

My seat was occupied by the time I got in and one other woman that was already in her seat requested I'll be seated next to her. She was in a first class and seemed to have respect from her surrounding.

Dr. Lucy, well established health professional, is the opposite of what I heard about women in this part of the world. She shared her bittersweet life story with me and became an amazing company and great introduction to Bangladesh for me.

I felt so well taken care of while sitting next to her.. She brought me drink, offered me money, place to stay in Bangladesh and insisted I change my seat with hers so I could photograph the incredible view of Himalayas from the window..

When we arrived in Dhaka, Lucy advised me not to say anything and suggested she will do the talking to make things smooth with the emigration.. Presented as Lucy's friend who she is taking to Bangladesh with her, the doors just kept opening in a rapid speed. I didn't wait, I just kept walking. No questions asked. It was not until later when I realized how many problems she actually helped to avoid..

I think this was the most beautiful flight I've ever experienced.. Not just for the views but also for the inspiring company I have had..



1 comment:

  1. Excellent story of person just helping and being kind to someone who is a total stranger.

    ReplyDelete