Friday, June 11, 2010

Panauti Town

My next hiking adventure took me to the town of Panauti. After several hours on the bus, entertained by never-ending nepali songs (one song can easily keep repeating for more than 10minuts) I arrived to this small town with invisible river. Filled with ancient temples and curious kids, I found a group of Hindu men called Panauti Tribe Ni Ghat.

Very hospitable, they invited me to join them for a tea. No nepali spoken on my side and no English on theirs, however our conversation somehow flew anyway.. The men represented all generations and enjoyed the afternoon by making hashish, smoking it, drinking tea, playing music, dancing and chanting. One member didn’t hesitate to perform some yoga posters for me, and yes, I was quite impressed..

Impressed and inspired at the same time so I decided to make in depth story about this Ni Ghat Tribe. I will share a link to the photo story once it is completed. For now, just some random photographs of random kids and things I saw at this place that will forever remain stored in my memories in a shape of marihuana leaf.















3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Jana! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Jana, especially the ones with the children!
    Nancy Sours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Jana, I like the photos and random overall composition. Looking forward to more : )

    ReplyDelete