Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm here!

I left San Francisco on May 25th 1:20am, got to Hong Kong 12 hours later and Bangkok in another 4. To sum it all up, 25 hours later, I got of the plane in Kathmandu, Nepal. Received my visa for 90 days and $100 later, I left the airport to ‘enjoy’ my very first ride in the busy streets of Kathmandu.. I quickly woke up from my exhaustion to a fact, that there is about double amount of vehicles in the streets then there is space for them. My concern and suggestion on how to deal with traffic in a country I just arrived to (which I didn’t hesitate to share with the driver) seemed to be an entertainment to him and his laud laughter certainly didn’t make me feel any safer.. I felt drunk by the experience and wanted to celebrate my life after arriving alive in a small village Godavari, home of Ama Ghar foundation that I’ll be documenting throughout my stay. Beside some others, below is my very first impression of Nepal, captured from a window of a car, during this ‘hell ride’ to my new, temporary home..












No comments:

Post a Comment